Lower your cholesterol
Manage your weight
Keep physically active
Monitor your blood pressure
Manage your diabetes
Limit alcohol consumption
DAILY INTAKE MUST INCLUDE PLANT STEROLS
- Enjoy a variety of vegetables and fruit every day. Aim for 7-10 servings a day, as recommended by Canada’s Food Guide.
- Eat 2-3 servings of plant sterol-fortified foods each day.
- Cook and bake with vegetable oils and non-hydrogenated margarines made from vegetable oils.
- Snack on nuts, like almonds and walnuts, or sprinkle a small handful on your cereal and salads.
- Include whole grains in your meals. Look for recipes that use barley, brown rice, oats and quinoa
- Take the HEART TRUTH QUIZ Here
- You can also sign up for HEARTBEATS Here
- Heartbeats gives you a whole year of lifestyle changes, delivered once a week and designed to boost your heart health. Each change is achievable for women of all health and fitness levels, and if you incorporate each one into your lifestyle, you’ll see your health and energy levels improve over the weeks and months.