Homemade Jewelry Cleaner
Works best for jewelry made from the following materials: gold-fill, brass, German (nickel) silver, Sterling silver
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon dish soap
- 1 cup water
- 1 piece aluminum foil
- 1 soft cloth
1. Microwave water for 1 or 2 minutes.
2. Cut aluminum foil to roughly cover the bottom of a small bowl (cereal size bowls work well).
3. Remove water from microwave and pour into bowl.
4. Now add salt, baking soda, and dish soap into bowl, too.
5. Place jewelry on top of foil and let it stand for 5-10 minutes.
6. Rinse jewelry in cool water and dry completely with soft cloth.
7. Discard solution after use.
1. Combine one teaspoon ammonia, one teaspoon of liquid dish soap and one cup warm water.
Note: Never use this solution on jewelry with stones, only gold jewelry.
2. Soak jewelry in solution, using a soft brush if necessary to clean the pieces.
3. Rinse well and dry with a soft cloth.